The path I have taken has made specific platforms important to me. Here are a few.
1. Agriculture (water and land management) Growing up in the small town of Newman, I have seen the contribution of the farming community. Our agricultural industry will be a field that I will support whose needs I will advocate for. Farmers I want to hear from you.
2. Jobs and Small Businesses – Having worked in workforce development I’ve been able to learn first hand how people are able to benefit from these services. People’s identity are heavily tied to their career. I have observed some best practices that I hope to implement and enhance and some areas of less important bureaucracy that we could replace.Similarly, small businesses and entrepreneurial enterprises contribute to the economic growth of our state. Needless to say that big companies play an important part in making our state one of the largest economy in the world, but small business success plays an important part in many households and a source of pride for its community. Our diversity allows citizens from many background to bring forth business ideas that if we promote will greatly enrich the state economically and culturally. Entrepreneurs and small business owners I want to hear from you.
3. Civil Rights – As a member of two underrepresented group I know the struggle first hand. It is this perspective that will guide my advocacy under the state and the federal constitution to make opportunities and protection of all citizens a priority. Further, opportunities must be available so we do not perpetuate such economic disparity that we continue harm to our friends and neighbors. If you have not felt heard, I want to hear from you and be your voice.
4. Economic Growth – This not only means attracting new business and companies to our state but those that will act socially responsible. Our Golden state is rich because of its people and its location. We can strategically support those business whose purposes also foster opportunities in the communities that need the most new jobs. Employers, how can I support you.
5. Affordable and improved education at all levels – we are all equal but did not have the same starting line. Expand curriculum at grade school and ensure that higher education/vocational training is accessible to any citizen who is motivated and willing to put in the required training and education time. Teachers, you are valuable. How can we help support your nurturing of our next generation.